This recipe is out on the internet in, literally, a half million locations, so it's nothing new. But I've been making it a few times a year during the summer since I was introduced to it. It's a refreshing and unique salad to serve during warm evenings. There's lots of room for your own interpretation. It doesn't last long so eat it up.
This recipe is from the Food Network but if you go through the half million versions of this recipe, you will find some interesting variations.
Watermelon, Feta, and Kalamata Olive Salad
- 4 pounds of fresh watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 pound of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 24 kalamata olives, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Place the watermelon, feta, onion, olives, and mint in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- place the lime juice in a small bowl. Slowly add EVOO while whisking to blend.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently
- Let stand for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to blend