So work shall commence later this week. We signed a contract with our contractor. Not that work hasn't been happening in the last number of months.
Once we decided to redo the kitchen we brought in a designer that was recommended to us by our contractor. We hit it off immediately and we have been working with her on the redesign.
The scope of work includes:
- Remove existing wall between kitchen and living room
- Enlarge and replace existing kitchen window
- Replace all counter tops, cabinets, and backsplashes
- New kitchen lighting
- Add a walk-in pantry
- Replace all existing appliances
- Replace kitchen flooring with oak to match living room
- Reface living room fireplace and add gas fireplace insert
- Remove raised hearth
- Remove and relocate "decorative" air return (the hideous raised contraption by the front door)